Anybody live in Michigan? Erebus in Pontiac, Michigan boast that it is the “World’s Largest Walk-Through Attraction”…err was, apparently it was in the Guinness Book of World Records until 2009. So here is the premise of the attraction from their website:
“In 1965 inside of EREBUS, Dr. J. Colbert built the world’s first functional time machine. The machine was capable of opening time portals, but there was a flaw in his design. Each time a test subject entered time travel, the time period that the subject arrived in reacted to them as a virus and attacked.
Obsessed with correcting his machine, Dr. Colbert sent his own employees into time travel. Eventually he ran out of revenue and personnel. In his madness he formed an idea, “Disguise the time machine as a haunted attraction”. This allowed an endless supply of paying subjects for testing and financing his time travel experiment.
To date Dr. Colbert is at large inside the depths of EREBUS. Despite all efforts he has eluded capture. Beware all who enter EREBUS, for if you are one of the fortunate subjects who return from time travel the dimension you return to will be altered. Life as you know it will be changed.”
Sounds like fun, I’d go! Anyone been there and have a comment about it?
- Pontiac’s Erebus Haunted Attraction opens Friday the 13th (macombdaily.com)
- Nude haunted house Halloween attraction reined in by Pennsylvania officials (louisianamultiverse.com)
- Hunting the Haunted in Phoenix and Surrounding Areas (local.answers.com)
- Haunted house season officially here (macombdaily.com)
- 10 Great Haunted Attractions (forbes.com)
- ScareHouse haunted house in Etna tests limits on torturing the senses (triblive.com)