The governor is back and it seems his old persona has died. This episode was all about him. It seems he found a family and a little girl named Megan has brought him back to life. Losing his daughter drove him insane, and really I can’t blame the guy for that. If my daughter became a zombie, I can’t say I may have done the same thing. So his people abandoned him because he seemed to lose the will to live, and that made him a liability. He stumbled into a house with a former nurse, her sister, six or seven year old daughter Megan, and their dying father. In the middle of the zombie apocalypse the man is dying of lung cancer.
The father died, and they brought the little girl in to say good bye to her grandfather. Then the mother says, I think he’s been gone awhile. The governor, now calling himself Brian which he stole from some graffiti, said “I think you should go.” “Give us a minute” they no sooner got the words out that he opened his eyes and started to snarl. Unfortunately the little girl had to see him bash her grandfather’s head in with an oxygen tank, that ironically “Brian” went to get for them. She was afraid of him after that for awhile. They decided to leave the apartment/house they lived in.
They left in a truck, it didn’t take him long to get in the nurses pants and he wasn’t even trying. They abandoned their truck and set out on foot the next day. They ran into a herd of zombies, the little girl froze. Philip/Brian finally convinced her to come to him. She ran into his arms, and he took off with her. They stumbled into a big square hole with about four zombies, which he killed with his bare hands. He then promised he would never let anything bad happen to her, “cross my heart” he said. Then Martinez looked into the hole, Philip/Brian held the little girl a little tighter.
This is the same guy that tortured Andrea and nearly raped Maggie. Maybe the love of a little girl changed him back to who he was before the zombie apocalypse? I guess we’ll see. Next episode we should see how Daryl took the news of Carol.
- The Governor’s Got A New Gang: ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4, Episode 6 Recap (contactmusic.com)
- Another thing about the Walking Dead (allthingshorror666.wordpress.com)
- The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 6: ‘Live Bait’ Review (crooksandliars.com)
- The Walking Dead – Live Bait (realhousewifeofaiken.com)
- Escape the Dead: Craig Mabbitt’s ‘Walking Dead’ Recap – Season 4, Episode 6 (loudwire.com)
- Tidbits of the Dead – Live Bait (piecesofdarkness.wordpress.com)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ recap: The Governor rises again (mercurynews.com)
- The Walking Dead, S4, Ep 6: Hello, Governor! (beyondpaisley.net)
- The Walking Dead Lures Us In, And Lets Us Down, With This Week’s “Live Bait” (popwrapped.wordpress.com)
- ‘Walking Dead’ Recap: The Return of the One-Eyed Man (rollingstone.com)